- Number of sessions: 40
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Teacher: Update Soon
Class Will Be Coming Soon……
Laser Hair Removal Technician: Apprentice in Training
Course Hours (40 Hours)
Laser Hair Removal (LHR) is a medical cosmetic procedure that uses a concentrated beam of light (laser) to destroy hair follicles dramatically reducing hair growth on almost all parts of the body. This procedure delays hair growth for long periods of time and normally requires several treatments initially. Using proper methods and laser devices, laser hair removal is safe and very effective for all skin types.
This course is approved by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation and meets the required training to perform laser hair removal treatments as a Certified Laser Hair Removal Technician- Apprentice-In-Training in the state of Texas.
This Hybrid course is a blended self-paced online and in-person practice certification course that provides didactic lectures and hands-on practice of Laser Hair Removal procedures. Students will have access to extensive online videos and training through comprehensive course materials, as well as a scheduled in-person hands-on practice class to obtain the skills required. At the completion of the course, an examination will be administered. The examination will consist of a total of 50 questions, 45 multiple choice, and 5 short answer questions.
Course Hours: 40 hrs. total (24 hrs. self-paced online lecture with chapter skills assessments / 16 hrs. in-person hands-on practice)
Requirements for completion of the course:
· 95% of total course hours
· score a passing mark on the final examination of at least 70%.
A certificate from the Glow N Slim Aesthetic as a Laser Hair Removal Technician- Apprentice-In-Training will be awarded with the completion of the course as well as certificates for Laser Safety Officer (LSO) and CPR.
Upon completion of the training in the Laser Hair Removal Technician: Apprentice in Training course, the student will be able to apply the theory and practice for laser hair removal treatments to achieve safe and effective treatments using proper Laser Hair Removal machines.
Main Skills to Be Learned:
1. State Rules and Regulations of LHR
2. Skin layer Anatomy
3. Settings and Protocols
5. Laser Safety Officer (LSO)
6. Client qualification and consultation
7. Application of Laser Hair Removal
8. Pre and post-treatment considerations
9. Post-treatment complications
10. Best Practice considerations
This Course Includes:
1. Online video lectures (Self-paced)
2. In-person, hands-on training and practice
3. All course materials in PDF format, forms, documents, and agreements.
4. Chapter skills assessments to check understanding of key course concepts.
5. Insights on effective methods for building a successful practice.
6. A certification of completion as a Laser Hair Removal Technician will be awarded with the completion of the course as well as certificates for Laser Safety Officer and CPR from the Glow N Slim Aesthetic.
1. The minimum age for admissions is at least 18 years at the date of application.
2. Students must have attained a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
3. Proficiency in English and/or Spanish for Spanish-instructed courses.
Special Price Total: $995.00
A $495.00 deposit payment is required when enrolling to grant students access to the online portion of the course (lectures and assessments).
A $500.00 balance payment is due once the students successfully complete the online portion and are ready to schedule and reserve an available date for the in-person hands-on training. The students will have access to the course calendar to be able to choose a date and time.
*NOTE: The remainder balance of the full tuition fee must be paid to proceed with scheduling.
Class schedule is updating...